Countdown to Christmas Eve: Silver Bells!


Happy Wednesday Friends and Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I bet you see these mini molds at thrift stores all the time.  I know I do--so I decided to make silver bells, silver bells…


Repurposed mini jello mold silver bells!


Earlier this fall, I was inspired to use larger copper molds for a repurposed pumpkin patch. When I kept seeing these minis, I thought it would be fun to recreate them for Christmas. I used two slightly different sizes, stacked to give them a bell like appearance and then hot glued them. Last I glued ribbon for hanging and added little jingle bells underneath.

Repurposed vintage mini jello mold silver bells


I plan to use mine as a door hanger but wouldn't they be cute on a wreath? Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful holiday! 

In case you missed the rest of the series...



My Thrift Store Addiction signature

MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:



Elizabeth and Co.



                                   


Boogieboard Cottage




Scrapality.com



Catch as Catch Can






                                                  Stackedcup-1_thumb_thumb[1]




Embracing Change









Would you like to comment?

  1. Eek! How cute. ( ok, I didn't really squeal out loud but I came close lol). That may be the most perfect repurpose in the world!
    Cecilia
    PS
    I'm getting very excited about Christmas although I'm still trying to wrap my head around it being Thanksgiving already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so creative and fun. Thank you for sharing! Have a Happy Thanksgiving..
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really creative Cecilia ... they make the perfect bell shape.
    Happy Thanksgiving ... enjoy your family.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love these!!! Super adorable.
    Great creating!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SO cute, what a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party. I'm going to share on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you're so clever. I've never seen these at our local thrift store before, but if they show up I will grab them for sure. Thanks so much for linking up to Scraptastic Saturdays. I'll be sharing this for sure! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The silver bells are precious! I would love to make some! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Cecilia, the bells are darling! I love these mini molds and always buy them. I just love them sitting on my open shelves in my basement farmhouse kitchen. These are so fun and Silver Bells is my favorite Christmas song. Thanks for sharing them with SYC. I will be featuring you this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO clever, I just love it! Pinned it. Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are darling! Love them! Thanks for sharing at the Creative Ways party!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  11. sooo süß sind die bilder!!! liebe grüße von angie aus deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute and clever, Cecelia...I have to make them! Thanks for sharing! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love aluminum jello molds. At one time, I had bunches. I sold them in my shop. I'm closing shop so what I pick will go home with me now. I was wondering how you got the bell there. Hot glue! The best. Just a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think these would look great on a wreath on my front gate. I don't have time to go to the thrift stores and shop just now, but this will be on my list during the year! I'd love it if you shared these darling bells at Holiday Best with Tumbleweed Contessa.

    Linda
    http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/holidaybest/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This may make me use my molds instead of just looking at them. They would be sweet hanging on my cupboard doors. Thank you for sharing them at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these! I want to make them with my Jello molds now.

    Dagmar ~ Dagmar's Home

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!