Friday's Find: Bed Spring & Vintage Ornie Tree!

TGITF Friends! It's our last thrifty Friday before Christmas and I'm sharing a simple, festive upcycle. I couldn't pass up this Christmas tree fashioned out of old bed springs at a recent craft show I attended. It was pretty darn cute just as it was sold and while I can't take credit for the clever repurpose, I did have lots of fun embellishing it...

Upcycled bedspring and vintage ornament tree



So here's how it looked right out of the bag--don't you love the burlap rose?

Repurposed bedspring and vintage ornament tree

I knew right away I wanted to paint this spring-y tree white to hang on my gray wall. Later, while I was decorating with my Vintage ornaments, I was also inspired to dress it up. I love the combination of the rustic springs with the timeless colorful ornaments. Plus the shape of the spring lends itself as the perfect "holder"--the ornies sit securely in the narrow part.  Do you remember my glass door knob hanger? I usually hang a Vintage bag on it.  I adjusted the tree so that it was visible in the center.  I smile every time I walk by it :)

Bedspring and vintage ornament tree

I hope your last week before Christmas is merry, merry!  Until next time, happy hunting! 


My Thrift Store Addiction



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:




Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Feature Button



featured button



Embracing Change
Embracing Change






Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. How cute! Great use for your springy tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it so dang inventive have a merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped over after your visiting me and this is what I see!
    It is so cute! You added a very nice creative touch!

    Merry Christmas!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yah, you definitely took this one to the next level. I like it lots better white with all the colorful ornaments. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! The Christmas balls are the perfect addition :) Thank you for linking up at the Make it Monday Party! Join us next week for one last party in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love what you did with that springy tree. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been dying to try some bedspring crafts. How creative! Thanks for linking up to Scraptastic Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! I just love bed spring crafts. I recently bought a wreath made out of them with the burlap roses all the way around. Got it on Etsy. I would never attempt to make one....too much work attaching all those springs with wire!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!