Vintage Mardi Gras: Friday's Find #235


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Here it the first Friday of February already! Mardi Gras is on the 13th, this year and parties and parades to celebrate the occasion are pretty common here in Texas. While I've often seen the colorful plastic beads in the thrift stores, this is the first time I've come across a festive mask... 


vintage Mardi Gras mask


The feather colors are absolutely gorgeous--wouldn't it be fun as party decor? 


vintage Mardi Gras mask


Vintage souvenir trays have been good sellers for me and a little harder to come by lately, so when I saw this one representing Alaska, I grabbed it! AVAILABLE HERE!


vintage Alaska state souvenir tray


I've always loved the classic white milk glass Fire King. This serving bowl is the Swirl pattern.  AVAILABLE HERE!


vintage Fire King Swirl serving bowl


Vintage aprons are also popular sellers--especially those with a retro vibe like this one featuring colorful butterfly fabric. AVAILABLE HERE!


retro butterfly vintage apron


My Thrift Store Addiction


vintage memorabilia and state souvenirs


Until next time, happy hunting!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love the tray...Alaska, no less!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in the mask altho they are not my usual! Peacock feathers have ALWAYS fascinated me. I had to smile when I saw the apron; my mom sewed very similar ones for the church bazaar 50+ years ago. I also enjoy forget-me-nots; I have a small collection of ceramic items that make a great vignette. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!